If I Am Called Before You

I found this poem that really spoke to me. I was having a very hard day a few days ago. I had been crying because I was missing my sweet John so terribly that day. I miss him every day, but some days the waves of grief seem to be insurmountable. I got on my computer and opened Pinterest and this poem was the first thing on the lists of pins to see. I read it and it literally sounded like John had written it for me. He loved it when I sang to him. He wanted to be remembered for all the wonderful things he did. It just really resonated with me at a time when I really needed it. I hope it makes some of you feel a little comfort as well.

If I Am Called Before You

If I am called before you
And you’re left to carry on
Some things I’d like to ask of you,
When my time here is done

I’d like to be remembered
For the kindness I once shared
I’d like to be remembered
For the way I loved and cared

To honor me, keep reaching out
Stand tall, and walk with love
Know that I’ll be smiling down
As I watch from above

I know that you will miss me
And that there will be tears shed
But please remember good I’ve done
And how my life was led…

Find happiness in little things
As from grief you recover
Reach within and find some hope
Then hand it to another

To honor me, and the love we shared
Just do this simple thing:
Find the song within your heart
And sing, my darling, sing

So do your best, and live your life
And know with certainty
That I’m watching over you
Although you cannot see

Soon enough your day will come
We’ll be together then
Remember me with love and smile
Until we meet again


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP with the advice!! (Warning - I sometimes have a foul mouth. Get over it.)

"CODE BLUE TO THE CATH LAB!"